What: Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo 2019 is the world’s most important gathering of CIOs and IT executives, enabling more than 9,000 attendees to shape the future of IT and business strategies.
When: October 20-24, 2019
Where: Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida
Members of the media can register for the event by contacting [email protected].
Leading the Digital Society
This year’s theme at Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo, Orlando is Leading the Digital Society. Today, technology is shaping every aspect of how we work, communicate and live. A new digital society is emerging, connecting everyone and everything like never before. For CIOs and their teams, every decision has a powerful impact not only on business success, but on the way the world at large operates.
As the digital society continues to expand, business and IT leaders have a critical say in how this society will be defined. The future is built on our choices, not just about what we can do, but why we are doing it. Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo will help CIOs understand how to shape and lead the digital society through powerful discussions, influential connections and strategic insights.
Join us on Monday, October 21 at 9:30 AM Eastern for the Gartner Opening Keynote that will address key challenges and opportunities CIOs face today and present a compelling vision for the changing role of IT leaders in the emerging digital society.
Guest Speaker Announcements: Thomas Kurian, Chief Executive Officer, Google Cloud and Colin L. Powell, Former Secretary of State
Gartner is pleased to announce the latest additions to the Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo Guest Speaker line up in Orlando:
- Gartner TechExec Interview with Thomas Kurian, Chief Executive Officer, Google Cloud
- Guest Keynote presentation by Colin L. Powell, Former Secretary of State
Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo Agenda Highlights
Throughout the conference, attendees can experience Gartner and Guest Keynotes, Gartner Signature Series sessions, CIO Stories, breakout sessions, attendee meetups, workshops and roundtables across the five full days.
Signature Series: Each year from the Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo stage, attendees hear our most popular research as part of our Signature Series. These sessions cover some of the most-anticipated insights and findings to get you ready for the year ahead, to include:
- 2020 CIO Agenda: Winning in the Turns
- The Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2020
- The Present and Future of Artificial Intelligence
- Digitopia 2035: Why the Future has a Bad Rep and How the “Pragmatic Futurist” Will Save the Day
- Gartner’s Top Strategic Predictions for 2020 and Beyond: Technology Tactics Shape Business Strategy
- The CEO Concerns 2019: Implications and Actions for CIOs
CIO Stories: Hear how leading CIOs have solved key challenges in our just announced CIO Story series.
- Driving Transformation in a Digital Ecosystem with Enrica Porcari, CIO at UN World Food Program
- Using Culture Hacks to Thrive in Uncertain Times with Jennifer Hartsock, CIO at Baker Hughes
- Defining Our Digital Ambition to Go Beyond: A Roadmap to Becoming a True Digital Enterprise with Sudeep Gautam, Chief Digital Officer at Pratt & Whitney